Hamden Personal Injury Lawyers Pursue Fair Compensation for Victims
Personal injury law firm serving Connecticut holds negligent parties accountable
An injury caused by someone else’s carelessness or other misconduct can cause you pain and suffering as well as economic loss. Your life is interrupted as you heal, perhaps through a lengthy period of rehabilitation, and you may be unable to work for a considerable time. The accomplished litigators at Gesmonde, Pietrosimone & Sgrignari, L.L.C. aggressively pursue fair compensation for Connecticut residents who have been hurt due to car crashes, medical malpractice, slips and falls and in other incidents. We dedicate ourselves to holding negligent individuals or businesses accountable for the harm they have done.
Recovering damages in Connecticut personal injury cases
You may be entitled to damages for the injuries you suffer as a result of someone’s unlawful conduct. That means they must pay adequate compensation for your losses, both economic and noneconomic. Our attorneys can pursue payment for medical bills, for wages that you lost while out of work and for your pain and suffering.
In a personal injury matter, you normally have two years from the date of the incident to initiate a lawsuit. However, the sooner you get started, the sooner you might be able to obtain a financial recovery through a settlement or verdict.
Dedicated litigators assist people hurt in Connecticut auto accidents
Our firm represents victims of auto accidents with skill and determination. We tackle cases that involve:
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving
- Reckless driving
- Hit and run drivers
- Uninsured and underinsured motorists
- Auto equipment failures
- Unreasonably dangerous road conditions
We negotiate skillfully with insurance companies to obtain fair settlements. Whenever necessary, we take defendants to court to ensure full accountability.
Capable assistance for victims of all vehicle-related accidents
Our firm seeks damages for people injured in all types of traffic accidents, including:
- Commercial truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian traffic accidents
Special considerations apply in each type of case, and some collisions result in more severe injuries. Accordingly, you should take care to hire an attorney who is familiar with various aspects of accident litigation and has won substantial recoveries for crash victims.
Experienced in a wide range of personal injury cases in Connecticut
Although motor vehicle accident cases are the most common, we have extensive experience in other types of personal injury cases, such as:
- Medical malpractice — A missed diagnosis, operating room error or other form of improper treatment might cause substantial harm to a patient.
- Slip and fall injury — You might be entitled to damages if you slip and fall due to negligence on the part of a property owner or another party responsible for maintaining safe conditions.
- Falling merchandise — A major hazard in supermarkets and other retail stores involves poorly shelved or stacked items that fall, injuring shoppers.
- Dog bites — An attack from a vicious dog can cause a range of injuries, including punctures, lacerations, shock from blood loss, scarring, nerve damage, crush injuries and psychological trauma.
No matter the circumstances of your case, we are ready to assemble the evidence, identify the defendants and pursue the justice you deserve.
Pursuing full compensation for catastrophic injuries
The most serious types of injuries are those that change victims’ lives forever. Catastrophic injuries include:
- Loss of limb
- Loss of eyesight or hearing
- Loss of a bodily function
- Scarring and disfigurement
Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) can result from a blow to the head in a car crash or other accident. The symptoms of a TBI might not be immediately apparent. We retain experts to evaluate the short- and long-term effects of the injury in order to fully assess its impact on the victim’s health.
Whatever the nature or severity of your injury, we are determined to recover the maximum amount of compensation possible.
Thorough legal counselors advise on wrongful death claims
After a death stemming from a vehicle crash, medical mistake or other tragic incident, a representative of the victim’s estate can bring a wrongful death claim seeking compensation from anyone who contributed to the fatality. Damages that are available include:
- Expenses incurred before the person died, including medical, hospital and nursing care costs
- Reimbursement for funeral costs
- Damages the person could have pursued if he or she had lived, including lost earning capacity
- Payment to address loss of consortium to a surviving spouse and loss of parental support to a minor child
Our attorneys are determined to help family members secure appropriate financial relief.
Contact an aggressive New Haven County personal injury lawyer
Gesmonde, Pietrosimone & Sgrignari, L.L.C. represents Connecticut residents who have been injured due to someone else’s fault. Please call 203-745-0942 or contact us online to set up a meeting with one of our attorneys. Our offices are located in Hamden and East Haven.