Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Connecticut Pursue Fair Compensation for Victims
Connecticut firm battles to hold negligent parties accountable
Suffering an injury in an accident caused by someone else’s carelessness or intentional misconduct puts you and your family at risk. In addition to the healing and rehabilitation process that must take place, victims may also face a serious financial threat, especially if they’re unable to work. The accomplished litigators at Gesmonde, Pietrosimone & Sgrignari, L.L.C. aggressively pursue relief for Connecticut residents who have been hurt in car crashes, by medical malpractice and in other types of incidents that can be linked to the negligence of a business or another individual.
Dedicated litigators assist people hurt in auto accidents
Throughout the state, our firm represents victims of auto accidents with skill and determination, providing exceptional counsel on issues such as:
- Damages — You can initiate litigation against the driver who was responsible for your car accident. Damages that can be awarded in a personal injury claim include compensation for medical bills, wages that were lost while you were out of work and payment to account for your pain and suffering.
- Truck, motorcycle and pedestrian accidents — We also handle accident claims related to collisions involving commercial trucks, motorcycles and pedestrians. Special considerations apply in each type case, and these collisions often lead to more severe injuries. Accordingly, you should take care to hire an attorney who is familiar with various aspects of accident litigation and has won substantial recoveries for crash victims.
- Traumatic brain injuries — Sudden stops that occur in vehicle collisions often trigger traumatic brain injuries (TBI). Unlike some other types of medical conditions, the effects of a TBI might not be immediately apparent. It might take a while to experience symptoms such as dizziness or memory loss. Unfortunately, these types of ailments frequently get worse over time. In TBI litigation arising from car crashes and other types of incidents, we retain experts to evaluate the short- and long-term effects of the injury and also assist family members of individuals who have been incapacitated by a blow to the head.
In car accident cases and other types of personal injury matters, you normally have two years from the date of the incident to initiate a lawsuit. However, the sooner you get started, the sooner you should be able to obtain a financial recovery through a settlement or verdict.
Knowledgeable advocates aid clients harmed by medical malpractice
A missed diagnosis, operating room error or obstetric mistake might cause substantial harm. Of course, patients usually are not in a position to determine whether medical standards were breached. We utilize doctors and other experts to develop medical malpractice claims against healthcare professionals and institutions. In personal injury and wrongful death actions, our firm is committed to achieving justice for plaintiffs who suffered harm because of improper treatment.
Firm brings premises liability cases when clients suffer a slip and fall injury
If you slip and fall while on someone else’s residential or commercial premises, you might be entitled to damages if your injury is linked to negligence on the part of the property owner or another party responsible for maintaining safe conditions. We examine the evidence in premises liability claims and assess what type of damages might be appropriate given the injury you suffered and the carelessness of the property owners. Though there are no damage caps in Connecticut, your recovery might be reduced if you are determined to be partly responsible for the fall. Should the defendant prove that you are more than 50 percent liable for your injury, you cannot collect damages at trial, so it’s vital to hire a lawyer who knows how to counter defense tactics that attempt to shift the blame unfairly.
Thorough legal counselors advise on wrongful death claims
Following a death stemming from a vehicle crash, medical mistake or some other type of tragic incident, the representative of the victim’s estate can pursue compensation from individuals and businesses that contributed to the fatality. Damages that are awarded in wrongful death lawsuits may include:
- Reimbursement for funeral costs
- Compensation for the income that a decedent would have provided for the family
- Payment to address the emotional strain suffered by surviving loved ones.
Nothing can bring someone who has died in an accident back, but our attorneys are determined to help clients secure a resolution that offers some financial relief.
Contact an aggressive New Haven County personal injury lawyer
Gesmonde, Pietrosimone & Sgrignari, L.L.C. represents Connecticut residents who have been injured due to someone else’s fault. Please call 203-745-0942 or contact us online to set up a meeting with one of our attorneys. Our offices are located in Hamden and East Haven.